The Legal Aid Society of Orange County & Community Legal Services of Southeast Los Angeles (LASOC-CLS) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was founded in 1958 for the purpose of providing civil legal services to low income individuals in Orange County. LASOC has a staff of 80 employees and operates on a $8 million-dollar budget. There are two offices in Orange County and two offices in Southeast Los Angeles County.
LASOC-CLS seeks an experienced, knowledgeable, and compassionate intern to assist and contribute to the fund development process. As a Fund Development Intern, you will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of how a non-profit organization functions by interacting with entire teams as well as the communication and cross functionally with other departments. This opportunity is especially beneficial, but not limited, to those pursuing a career in non-profit management, event planning, communications, marketing and/or the non-profit sector.
Assignments may include:
- Assist with event coordination of the annual LASOC-CLS Gala, and other fundraising events.
- Provide general support to the Fund Development team by writing and editing LASOC marketing materials, producing effective communications on the Legal Aid website, and developing outreach materials
- Assist in maintaining Legal Aid’s various social media accounts: Twitter, Facebook, Etc.
- Conduct research on prospective donors and data entry
- Sponsorship coordination, Guest list management, Volunteer and Committee organization
- Assist in grant compliance procedures.
- Currently working towards a Bachelor’s Degree or Graduate Degree
- Exceptional writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Serviced minded skills to provide exceptional support
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Minimum of 10 hours per week for an academic quarter, semester, or at least 3 months (start and end dates are flexible) at the LASOC Santa Ana office.
- Hours must be between normal business hours: M-F, 9a – 5p
- Access to transportation
To apply: Complete the application below and submit a cover letter, resume, and one writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line: Fund Development Internship Application.
This is an unpaid internship and can be applied towards school credit. Applicants are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.