Community Legal Aid SoCal (CLA SoCal) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was founded in 1958 for the purpose of providing civil legal services to low income individuals in Orange County. CLA SoCal has a staff of 80 employees and operates on a $8 million-dollar budget. There are two offices in Orange County and two offices in Southeast Los Angeles County.
CLA SoCal seeks an experienced, knowledgeable, and compassionate intern to assist and contribute to the fund development process. As a Fund Development Intern, you will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of how a non-profit organization functions by interacting with entire teams as well as the communication and cross functionally with other departments. This opportunity is especially beneficial, but not limited, to those pursuing a career in non-profit management, event planning, communications, marketing and/or the non-profit sector.
Assignments may include:
- Assist with event coordination of the annual CLA SoCal Gala, and other fundraising events.
- Provide general support to the Fund Development team by writing and editing CLA SoCal marketing materials, producing effective communications on the Legal Aid website, and developing outreach materials
- Assist in maintaining CLA SoCal’s various social media accounts: Twitter, Facebook, Etc.
- Conduct research on prospective donors and data entry
- Sponsorship coordination, Guest list management, Volunteer and Committee organization
- Assist in grant compliance procedures.
- Currently working towards a Bachelor’s Degree or Graduate Degree
- Exceptional writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Serviced minded skills to provide exceptional support
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Minimum of 10 hours per week for an academic quarter, semester, or at least 3 months (start and end dates are flexible) at the CLA SoCal Santa Ana office.
- Hours must be between normal business hours: M-F, 9a – 5p
- Access to transportation
To apply: Complete the application below and submit a cover letter, resume, and one writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line: Fund Development Internship Application.
This is an unpaid internship and can be applied towards school credit. Applicants are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.