POSITION: Human Resources Manager
SUPERVISOR: Director of Operations
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt Employee
LOCATION: CLA SoCal Office(s)
Application Deadline: Continuous until position is filled
The Human Resources Manager will ensure the optimal performance of HR operations with emphasis on maximizing efficiency and maintaining compliance with a forward-thinking and scalable perspective. This highly visible role will provide heavy tactical and strategic support to senior management and operational leaders, lead talent acquisition, promote positive employee engagement, and drive performance throughout the organization. This full-time exempt position reports to the Director of Operations.
- Act as a trusted partner to supervisors and work closely with senior management on business and transformation initiatives.
- Collaborate with supervisors to implement full cycle talent management including recruiting, on-boarding, performance management, compensation, employee engagement and retention, off-boarding/termination.
- Act as the HRIS superuser/administrator with the perspective of maximizing HRIS utilization; manage all transactional HR processes on a daily basis.
- Facilitate effective performance management process; train managers on HRIS system and coach employees as needed.
- Build positive interdepartmental relationships.
- Manage the compliance of different work authorizations
- Manage employee relations issues including investigations with accurate documentation; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling, coaching and development sessions with employees and supervisors.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable federal and state labor law requirements; maintaining records; and ensuring state, federal, and any other compliance training is delivered and tracked.
- Help identify, create, deliver and manage programs to address organization’s needs for leadership development, soft skills training, employee recognition and more needs as deemed necessary.
- Collaborate with senior management to support the successful transition of talent.
- Manage benefits program to provide comprehensive employee coverage, including contract renewal, open enrollment, and benefits education and communication. Administer 401(k) via vendor website.
- Process all Worker’s Comp. and general liability claims.
- Maintain successful partnerships with benefits brokers and other relevant vendor relationships.
- Coordinate with Finance to process or review bi-weekly payroll.
- Advocate and maintain management and organizational objectives and guidelines by recommending and drafting/ updating human resource policies.
- Maintain accurate retention and administration policies for human resource records.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge.
- Work with a multi-cultural perspective of inclusion and diversity.
- Other duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree, preferably in human resources or business administration
- 5 plus years HR management experience in a hands-on generalist and strategic capacity with responsibility and a broad knowledge of HRIS, benefits administration, training and development, employee relations, recruiting and talent management, wage administration, business partner support, and well-developed administrative skills
- Knowledge and experience with employment law, workers compensation, benefit and payroll taxes
- Proficiency with talent and performance management
- Demonstrated HRIS experience in effective HRIS management; knowledge of ADP Payroll
- Detail oriented and highly organized with ability to manage several projects at once
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks and willingness to handle all levels of administration
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills
- Dedication to fostering a supportive and productive office culture committed to assisting underserved communities
- Culturally competent, with demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to model the organization’s values (compassion, collaboration, trust, accountability and excellence) in personal behavior and throughout human resource processes
- Experience working for Non-Profits and/or legal organizations
- PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP certification
- Bilingual proficiency
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate office equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
- Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to human services work. May travel and participate in regional, state and national meetings and conferences.
We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical/dental/vision, 401k with employer contribution; life insurance with an optional employee buy-in; and short-term and long-term disability. Our employees have access to paid holidays, vacation, and sick time. Upon successfully completing the six-month probation period, compensation increases may be available within the first initial year of employment. Employees who pass testing for bilingual proficiency are eligible for a monetary bonus.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day. Please send your resume and cover letter to the search firm handling this placement at tfriend@Leapros.com.
Community Legal Aid SoCal is an equal opportunity employer.