POSITION: IT Director
SUPERVISOR: Director of Operations
WAGE RANGE: $101,320.39 – $120,000.00 (Depending on Experience)
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Exempt
LOCATION: Santa Ana (physical office is currently closed due to Covid-19, but is expected to reopen)
Community Legal Aid SoCal (CLA SoCal) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was founded in 1958 for the purpose of providing civil legal services to low-income individuals and seniors. CLA SoCal has a staff of more than 100 employees and two offices in Orange County and two offices in Southeast Los Angeles County. CLA SoCal seeks an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and compassionate individual who will thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced public interest law firm. CLA SoCal strongly prefers that the applicant have experience working with non-profits and/or law firms.
The Information Technology Director oversees all IT operations and staff with an emphasis on security and efficiency, and with a forward-thinking and scalable perspective. The IT Director works with senior management to ascertain technological requirements and develops and implements solutions that meet these requirements and that are aligned with CLA SoCal’s strategic direction and business objectives. The IT Director ensures smooth, secure, and consistently updated technical operations along with training to maximize IT investments.
- Oversee all IT operations and systems and supervise IT staff.
- Provide direction, guidance, and training to IT staff.
- Develop strategy as it relates to the organization’s IT infrastructure (computer and information systems, security, communication systems).
- Create processes and standards for selection, implementation, and support of systems.
- Consult senior-level stakeholders across the entire organization to identify business and technology needs and to optimize the use of information technology.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate IT projects in line with organizational objectives.
- Ensure smooth delivery and operation of IT services by monitoring systems performance.
- Ensure the maintenance of current projects and technology systems.
- Identify and eliminate security risks.
- Identify the need for upgrades and opportunities for improvement.
- Propose strategic solutions and recommending new systems and software.
- Prepare financial budgets and performance reports.
- Build and maintain relationships with external advisors and vendors.
- Assess need for new equipment and software.
- Advocate for and maintain management and organizational objectives and guidelines by recommending and drafting/ updating IT policies.
- Other duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, computer science or related field
- Minimum eight years’ experience working in IT operations.
- Minimum four years’ experience overseeing IT teams and projects.
- Sound understanding of computer systems, networks, security, telecommunications, databases and storage systems.
- Solid experience working with Microsoft Active Directory, Office 365 including SharePoint, and Azure.
- Solid working knowledge of PowerShell, Python, C#, and security protocols.
- Experience integrating cloud-based solutions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects.
- Team oriented.
- Detail oriented and highly organized with ability to manage several projects at once.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks and willingness to handle all levels of administration.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills
- Dedication to fostering a supportive and productive office culture committed to assisting underserved communities.
- Culturally competent, with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Experience working for Non-Profits and/or legal organizations.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Certifications and continuing education preferred.
- Superior project and people management skills.
Our staff members work a 35-hour week. We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical/dental, 401k with employer contribution; life insurance with an optional employee buy-in; and short-term and long-term disability. Our employees have access to paid holidays, vacation, personal time, and sick time on their first day. Upon successfully completing the six-month probation period, compensation increases may be available within the first initial year of employment. Employee Assistance Program available. Employees who are able to prove bilingual proficiency are eligible for a monetary bonus.
TO APPLY, send resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Community Legal Aid SoCal is an equal opportunity employer.