POSITION: Facilities Specialist
SUPERVISOR: Director of Operations
WAGE RANGE: $51,454.13 – $63,260.66 (Depending on Experience)
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, hourly
LOCATION: Santa Ana (physical office is currently closed due to Covid-19, but are expected to reopen)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
Community Legal Aid SoCal (CLA SoCal) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was founded in 1958 for the purpose of providing civil legal services to low income individuals and seniors. CLA SoCal has a staff of more than 100 employees and two offices in Orange County and two offices in Southeast Los Angeles County. CLA SoCal seeks an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and compassionate individual who will thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced public interest law firm. CLA SoCal strongly prefers that the applicant have experience working with non-profits and/or law firms.
The Facilities Specialist reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for the management and maintenance of all CLA SoCal facilities. This position carries out strategic and operational facility plans ensuring facilities are safe, clean, and functional and meet state, local and federal regulations.
- Helps assess space needs and requirements, and delivers on short- and long-range strategy, planning and implementation to meet the organization’s facility needs.
- Coordinates to support co-location of community partners in CLA SoCal facilities.
- Performs and documents routine facility inspections to assure that all facilities and equipment are functional and meet regulated health and safety requirements.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance and repair of all facilities’ systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and waste management to ensure optimal operating results and regulatory compliance.
- Oversees building and grounds maintenance and custodial functions.
- Responsible for building security and vendor relationship at all CLA SoCal facilities.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with city police departments relative to client, volunteer, and employee safety.
- Manages parking lots for Santa Ana facilities to ensure parking and safety for clients, staff and volunteers.
- Creates security and emergency response plans for all facilities and conducts routine and episodic drills.
- Informs and implements policies and procedures, including maintenance calendaring, that ensure the optimal and safe functioning of buildings, grounds, and associated equipment.
- Develops capital equipment recommendations.
- Coordinates with operations staff to maintain sufficient inventory of janitorial and other facility related supplies.
- Coordinates with staff and supervises volunteers to support general maintenance of buildings, grounds, and equipment including CLA SoCal storage rooms.
- Works in collaboration with HR to address safety and health concerns.
- Monitors safety and injury procedures and coordinates to maintain an inventory of safety and emergency supplies.
- Monitors work by vendors and contractors and works with Director of Operations to sign off on completion.
- Coordinates with operations team to ensure vendor information and facilities records such as leases and licenses are current.
- Ensures that goals and projects are met and adhere to approved budgets and timelines.
- Works with a multicultural perspective of inclusion and diversity.
- Other duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Associates degree in Building Maintenance Technology or certification in technical, and/or mechanical engineering plus minimum 3 years’ experience in related field. Additional experience can be substituted for the degree.
- Knowledge of office and facilities systems and processes, ability to perform minor repairs/ maintenance. Promotes and conducts good housekeeping.
- Experience supervising electricians, plumbers, and workers from other trades as well as other vendors.
- Familiarity with implementing safety programs.
- Experience coordinating with staff and volunteers.
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills.
- Professional demeanor, strong communication skills and customer service orientation.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Hours may vary and sometimes the facilities specialist will be on call to respond to emergency maintenance or security situations.
- Ability to model the organization’s values (compassion, collaboration, trust, accountability, and excellence) in personal behavior and throughout operational processes.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree in facilities management, business, or related area.
- 5 years’ experience in facilities management for multiple facilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) medium weights of up to 50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate office equipment, complete minor repairs and maintenance and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle, and working under challenging conditions.
Work is performed indoors and outdoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related facilities coordination and to human services work. Travel throughout service area to existing and potential facilities required.
Our staff members work a 35-hour week. We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical/dental, 401k with employer contribution; life insurance with an optional employee buy-in; and short-term and long-term disability. Our employees have access to paid holidays, vacation, personal time, and sick time on their first day. Upon successfully completing the six-month probation period, compensation increases may be available within the first initial year of employment. Employee Assistance Program available. Employees who are able to prove bilingual proficiency are eligible for a monetary bonus.
HOW TO APPLY
TO APPLY, send resume and cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position is open until filled.
Community Legal Aid SoCal is an equal opportunity employer.