POSITION: Operations Compliance and Project Specialist
SUPERVISOR: Director of Operations
WAGE RANGE: $51,454.13 – $63,260.66 (Depending on Experience)
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, hourly
LOCATION: Santa Ana (physical office is currently closed due to Covid-19, but are expected to reopen)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
Community Legal Aid SoCal (CLA SoCal) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was founded in 1958 for the purpose of providing civil legal services to low income individuals and seniors. CLA SoCal has a staff of more than 100 employees and two offices in Orange County and two offices in Southeast Los Angeles County. CLA SoCal seeks an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and compassionate individual who will thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced public interest law firm. CLA SoCal strongly prefers that the applicant have experience working with non-profits and/or law firms.
The Operations Compliance and Project Specialist reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for implementing and upholding procedures and policies that meet regulatory, funder and CLA SoCal standards. This position also coordinates project management for the department and organization.
- Helps design, develop, implement, and analyze compliance programs and processes.
- Trains employees on compliance guidelines, requirements, and standards.
- Collects and coordinates internal data with other departments to support departments and the organization.
- Interfaces with administrative department, program units and organization databases to support departments and meet reporting and compliance requirements.
- Coordinates, prepares, and submits grant invoices and reports meeting deadlines and ensuring funding compliance.
- Implements policies, procedures, and systems to provide administrative support to departments
- Assists in Policy updating and maintenance for all functions.
- Manages Policy and Procedures process ensuring approvals, formatting and distribution including SharePoint.
- Organizes and ensures CLA SoCal document management system is understood and followed.
- Monitors insurance deadlines and ensures funder compliance for required insurance certificates.
- Monitors and tracks charitable and business license registrations and deadlines and prepares required paperwork.
- Supports IT migration of CLA So Cal documents.
- Documents and tracks department and CLA SoCal projects and project management using organizational forms and/or project management software.
- Measures project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Monitors progress and adjusts as needed.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Coordinates with HR and Facilities to support enforcement of safety standards.
- Helps monitor existing and new legislation, ensures compliance to policies, and support necessary actions to make sure CLA SoCal complies with local, state, and federal legal requirements
- Stays current on standards by reading publications, talking with peers, and joining professional groups.
- Works with a multicultural perspective of inclusion and diversity.
- Other duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in related field; 1-3 years of experience as supervisor
- Knowledgeable regarding federal and state grants’ compliance, reimbursement systems and reporting, including HIPAA, and performance improvement helpful.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and administrative abilities; able to manage several projects at once.
- Familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of compliance issues.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication abilities.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proven understanding of risk assessment and mitigation.
- Excellent statistical, analytical, research and reporting skills.
- High ethical standards, ability to maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor.
- Highly proficient with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and experience with SharePoint.
- Ability to model the organization’s values (compassion, collaboration, trust, accountability, and excellence) in personal behavior and throughout administration processes.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Our staff members work a 35-hour week. We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical/dental, 401k with employer contribution; life insurance with an optional employee buy-in; and short-term and long-term disability. Our employees have access to paid holidays, vacation, personal time, and sick time on their first day. Upon successfully completing the six-month probation period, compensation increases may be available within the first initial year of employment. Employee Assistance Program available. Employees who are able to prove bilingual proficiency are eligible for a monetary bonus.
HOW TO APPLY
TO APPLY, send resume and cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position is open until filled.
Community Legal Aid SoCal is an equal opportunity employer.